Monday, August 2, 2010

Sunday...my favorite day of the week! (ads and coupon day)

Since beginning my fairly new couponing hobby, my favorite day of the week is Sunday. I am not an early riser by any means, usually hitting the snooze at least twice; however knowing that ads and coupons are lying in my driveway gets me right out of bed. I can't wait to see what I can get free or almost free! One Sunday my husband ran off to work with the paper, ads included, and you would have thought I dropped my ice cream! The Sunday edition of the Lexington Herald includes ads from Meijer, CVS, Rite Aid, Target, Wal-Mart, Dollar General, and numerous others. Sunday isn’t the only day ads arrive. Other stores like Food Lion send their ad in the mail on Monday, with sales beginning on Wednesday, and Ken's New Market arrives in my mailbox on Friday, with sales beginning on Monday. Kroger and Walgreens do not come to my home in hard copy form. I have to look them up on the store website. On Sunday afternoons, after church, I spend most of the afternoon perusing through the ads and clipping coupons.  Oh what a wonderful life!

No comments:

Post a Comment